Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution suggests depositing and/or sharing particular content on a server run by a web hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's take a look at these. Doing so, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to have a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution offered by some file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages frequently involve ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between separate sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share a great number of pictures with comrades or partners since the service is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your email accounts. Some firms offer hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to manage an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many videos as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to have a site. To some degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Central Domain, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular content exclusively.